Vision, Mission, & Values
The restoration and healing of God’s children so they truly know God the Father and his love for them through Jesus Christ; making them one with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and one with their fellow believers.
Our desire is to equip men, women, and children for transformational encounters with God through a guided prayer process.
Excellent, pure, confidential Transformation Prayer Ministry
Prayerful, scriptural decision making
Honor and care for the individual.
Staff & Leadership
Acting Executive Director email@example.com
Founder & Trainer firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Director email@example.com
Development Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Retreat Director email@example.com
Ministry Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
CPA – Bookkeeper email@example.com
Carl Mueller, Jr.
Gayla Thompson, LPC
Serenity Retreat Results
Of those who reported failed relationships, surveyed before and after three sessions at Serenity Retreat
31% say marriages have improved
31% say reconciliation is happening with the family
75% notice new success in relationships
Of people who reported feeling depression, surveyed before and after 3 sessions at Serenity Retreat
70% are no longer hopeless
37% are no longer medicated for depression
56% no longer feel the desire to end their lives
Of those who reported anxiety, surveyed before and after three sessions at Serenity Retreat
78% no longer feel overwhelmed by panic or fear
72% say uncontrollable or obsessive thoughts are now mild or gone
74% are now able to sleep
Of those who reported anger, surveyed before and after three sessions at Serenity Retreat
68% say their marriages or relationships have improved
60% have fewer problems caused by anger at work or school
Deepened Relationship with God
96% of people who receive TPM say they have a deepened relationship with God
89% of people experience a TPM session say the problem they came with is solved
More than 22,500 sessions of TPM have been administered since 2000. Serenity Retreat is a national TPM center.
The generosity of these foundations and hundreds of individuals has helped change the lives of hundreds of men, women and children in the Greater Houston area and beyond!
- The Scurlock Foundation
- The David Weekley Family Foundation
- The Elkins Foundation
- The Cockrell Family Fund
- The Davis Family Foundation
- Baxter Trust
- The Texas Methodist Foundation
- The Jeannie Lynn Looper Able Foundation
- The Looper Foundation
- The John M. O’Quinn Foundation
- The Hildebrand Foundation
- George Moody
- The Willard & Ruth Johnson Charitable Foundation
- The Zorich Foundation
The Story of a Miracle
Serenity Retreat is a miracle. Inspired through a divine message, it incorporates the power of healing at its very core. During a moment of prayer, He planted a vision in Kathy Eason’s mind: “to set aside a place where God can heal his people.” It would be a special retreat, where they would experience a renewal of their minds and a release from their pain through the healing power of God. This was the catalyst for the Serenity Retreat we know today.
- May 2000 – Serenity Retreat opened at the Garden Villas United Methodist Church
- 2005 Serenity Retreat moved to central Houston, hosted by Garden Oaks Baptist Church.
- 2010 Purchased land outside of Bellville, TX for an overnight retreat center
- 2013 Opened the Lodge at Serenity Retreat Bellville
- 2016 Opened Restoration House, Hope House, Grace Chapel and office space at Serenity Retreat Bellville
- 2016 the Houston office moved to new office space in North Central Houston at 610 and East T. C. Jester
- 2020 Celebrating the twenty year anniversary of Serenity Retreat
Fifty-three percent of those we serve are unable to donate to Serenity Retreat. This includes
girls rescued from sex trafficking at Freedom Place, and inmates at the Vance Unit Prison.
Your donations help us reach them.
What Our Clients Say About Us
[instagram-feed num=5 cols=5 showfollow=true]